Friday, June 02, 2006

Mi Buenos Aires Querido

Everytime I come across this photo I wonder... how many times have I crossed this street? hundreds?... thousands? walking, running from the speeding cars, on the surface, underground, on a bus... everything seems so simple and quiet from up here. I don't know how I'll find you when I come back to you. I miss you Buenos Aires.


9 de Julio is an avenue in Buenos Aires, Argentina. At 140 meters, it is one of the world’s widest avenues. Its name honors Argentine Independence Day (July 9, 1816).

For my non-Argentinian friends, if you want to know what real tango sounds like, play the video below.

Carlos Gardel embodies the soul of the tango. He was killed in an airplane crash in Colombia at the height of his career in 1935.

1 comment:

|| davidjay || said...

That's a really cool shot! great exposure throughout the whole shot!

Cheers,
DJ