Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Perfect Smartphone

I've been reluctant about getting a phone with full internet capabilities... until now.
I got the new BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8100™ smartphone less than a week ago and I couldn't be happier with it.

The features I've been using the most so far are:
  • Blog reading with Bloglines Mobile
  • With PocketMac for Blackberry version 4.0 I can easily sync my Pearl with my Mac... well, with a few bugs in the software since it's the 1st version including the Pearl.
  • Blogging directly from the phone by sending a simple email with or without a photo attachment.
  • For this very cool feature I have to thank Jefferson Todd and David Jay from OSP, here it goes... your Blackberry can act like a modem for your laptop and you don't have to pay anything extra if you already have the unlimited blackberry plan.
    Check out this article: Use your BlackBerry Pearl as a Bluetooth Modem under OS X
  • Google Maps for Mobile
  • Email: getting inquiries the second the submit button from your website contact form is hit is always nice, specially if you assign a distinctive tone to it. I also love to get instant emails when you post comments on my blog so, do so NOW!

    I'll post more about it as I discover new features.

    --> Click for a short video



    To know more about the BlackBerry Pearl go here.

    Y! Tech's Gadget Hound gives the Pearl a thorough test drive. Read review
  • 1 comment:

    || davidjay || said...

    Yea Dawg! Rock on with the BlackBerry!

    This is seriously the best phone ever!