Saturday, April 22, 2006

O.C.

I went to Orange County today. The first stop was at Doheny Beach in Dana Point to shoot the 'woodies'. Let me clarify the word for those not familiar with it... A woodie is a type of car, more specifically an early station wagon in which the rear portion of the car's bodywork is made of wood.
The event is organized by the Southern California Woodie Club which has grown to over 300 members.
It was a nice overcast day really good for shooting and most of the cars were really amazing. I'll try to post a gallery later but here's one of my favorites:


::Some more here::

As I was driving back home I realized I was minutes away from the San Juan Capistrano Mission and I couldn't resist to stop by and shoot some pictures... if you can call over 200 some ;-)
You cannot see the mission here but I like this one... I had to wait for a long time to get this guy to do this, it was specially difficult since I didn't have any food:


One of the actual mission:


And lastly, I saw from the 57 freeway these giant baseball caps at the entrance of the Angel Stadium in Anaheim and again I had to stop:

1 comment:

Hawaiianmark said...

Who cant like woodies?

Love da fish foto.

Aloha